Below is our suggested packing list for event attendees.
Extra food and fluids. While a wide variety of items will be provided, it is always great to bring along your favorite energy gels, bars, and sports drinks.
- Cell phone
- Cash and credit cards
- Drivers license or other form of identification
- Sun glasses
- Foul-weather gear in case of rain
- Windbreaker / cold weather shell
- Sturdy sneakers
- Hat / bandanna
- Change of clothes for after your post-event shower (Note: The post-event celebration dress is considered casual. Feel free to wear whatever makes you feel comfortable).
- Small toiletries including soap, shampoo, etc. for shower use. Best Buddies does not provide toiletries.
- Any prescription medication
If cycling please add,
- Bicycle helmet (mandatory)
- Cycling Clothes
– Padded cycling shorts
– Cycling jersey (all participants will receive a Best Buddies Challenge jersey at check-in)
– Rain jacket, wind breaker or other cold shell
– Leg/knee/arm warmers
– Cycling socks
– Cycling shoes
– Cycling gloves
- Repair equipment (while we will provide mechanical support at all start lines, rest stops, and along the course, we recommend all riders carry the basic equipment needed for minor repairs)
– spare tubes
– portable bike pump or C02
– tire levers
– multi-tool, patch kit, etc.
- Red rear-blinker light (depending on when you leave in the morning, it might not be a bad idea to have one of these along. Also the course can be quite foggy on some days.)
- Two water bottles
*Please note that the Challenge Staff will transport a small bag (ex. backpacks for overnight) from your start line and items discarded at rest stops (ex. jackets, arm warmers, etc) to the Finish Line for you. We encourage you to label and keep track of what you ask us to transport and in return we will do our best to make sure you are reunited with your items! Luggage labels will be given out at event check-in.